All classes, costumes and music are age appropriate!
Classes are scheduled by age and class experience!
Dancing Minis - Class Options for your tiny dancers ages 2-5
Youth Classes - Class options for ages 6-12
- STEPS Minis: Ages 2 to 5. Classes are upbeat, full of energy, and so much fun!! Covers your basics in dance, counting music, rhythm, fun dance combos, flexibility, and sing-a-longs. In addition to dance, they learn the importance of manners and social skills.
- Baby STEPS-Tumble/Dance Combination Class: This is a 30 minute class for ages 2 to 4. Have a little girl or boy who hasn't ever been involved in anything outside of home? That's okay! This class is perfect. Some little ones may have trouble adjusting to something new, but you will see the progress is well worth it! Class will teach basic motor skills, counting, front rolls, back rolls, log rolls, kicks, basic dance skills and more!
- Hip-Hop Minis: This is a 30 minute class for ages 3-5. This class is similar to our STEPS minis. Class leans more toward the Hip Hop class form and will incorporate lots of Hip Hop Attitude.
- Ballet Minis: Ages 3 to 5. Class will teach grace, skill, and discipline. For ages 3 to 5 class will include basic motor skills, basic feet and arm position, basic ballet terminology, and basic ballet dance combinations. For ages 5 and up more advanced feet positioning and arm placement will be taught along with a more developed ballet style and dance technique.
- Tap Minis: This is a 30 minute class that will introduce tappers to music rhythm, counting, motor skills, and cover basics in tap skills.
- Gymnastics - STEPS Mini Stars: STEPS Mini-Stars for ages 2 to 3 1/2 years old. This is a 30 minute class. Children will learn gross motor skills along with basic gymnastics and progressions for intermediate gymnastics skills. This class teaches coordination and body awareness used in all sports. Children will be introduced to gymnastics equipment such as the beam & single bar.
- Gymnastics - STEPS Stars: STEPS Stars for ages 4-6 1/2 years old. This is a 45 min class focusing on basic gymnastics. Gross motor and movement will be incorporated into learning gymnastics skills. Skill focus will be handstands, cartwheels, back handsprings and walkovers, swinging, pullovers, vaulting, and beam.
- Boys Only! - Hip Hop: This class is 30 minutes. For ages 6-9. Detailed class description coming soon.
- Lyrical: Class focuses on fluidity and feeling with dances performed to popular ballads and slower contemporary music. This style of dance expresses feeling, tells a story, and creates and artistic picture. This style combines the soft fluid movements of ballet while focusing on jazz technique. Jazz or Lyrical classes are the best classes for increasing dance technique.
- Jazz & Pom Combination Class: Class is a jazz/pom variety class with the focus on pom technique, jazz technique, synchronization, choreography, technique, group work, floor work. This class will perform two routines for our annual show. One recital costume needed, class will use metallic poms for performance that will be provided by the studio.
- Hip Hop: For ages 6 and up. An energetic style of dance. Class will also incorporate personal style and "attitude". Hip-Hop lessons stay current and up-to-date. All movements, music, and costumes are "G-rated" and family friendly.
- Jazz: This class is upbeat and focuses on jazz dance technique, such as turns, leaps, and jumps. Class will cover group work, floor work, and jazz skills. This is a great class for those interested in trying out for a dance team in the future.
- Tumble: Tumbling class involves a combination of jumps, acrobatics, and skills. Students in the class will learn various skills based on their own personal skill level. They will work on things from forward rolls to backtucks. At the start of the season, students create goals to work towards each class until the year end showcase.
- Hip Hop & Jazz Combination Class: Class is a Hip Hop/Jazz variety class with the focus on Hip Hop style, Jazz style, technique, tricks, floor work, group work, and choreography. This class will perform two routines for our annual show. One recital costume needed.
- Hip Hop/Dance Variety: This class is 45 minutes long and designed for those in middle school and high school. This is an intermediate/advanced class structured to teach skill and choreography in Hip Hop but also visit technique and skills in different styles of dance such as pom, lyrical, and jazz. Class will perform two numbers of different styles in annual showcase and one costume required. This class is also great for those interested in auditioning for a dance team or All-Star dance team.
- Cheer/Dance Team Tumble: This is a 30 minute class which will focus on skills needed for cheerleading. The class will be spent learning cartwheels, round-offs, back handsprings, back tucks, as well as different jumps. Tumblers will work at their own pace and the teacher will focus on each tumbler's individual needs.
For the Adults
Be sure to check the studio calendar for cancellations and class times for adults. Also, as schedules change, an updated one will be posted.
Specialty Classes And Programs
- Dance Fitness: Dance Fitness class is an hour long and focuses on getting the body moving and burning those calories. Class is structured for Warm-Up, Cardio, Toning, and Choreography to teachers choice song of the week. Music for class is very fresh, fun, and classes are sometimes themed. Class is designed to suit EVERYONE! The goal is to get moving and have some fun!
- ZUMBA: This is a Latin based fitness class that includes some of the following: Cha Cha, Salsa, reggaeton, rumba and more. Best of all, you don't need any previous dance experience!
Follow along, party down, you will forget you're working out! Haven't you heard the buzz? Come shake it with one of the most energetic instructors ever! No contracts, come to any class that is convenient for you. Cost? 10 classes for $40 or 1 class for $5.
- All-Star Competitive Team: By audition only. Detailed description coming soon
- Leaps, Turns, and Tricks: Detailed description coming soon
- Solo, Partner, and Trio Classes: Detailed description coming soon
Fall Registration Form
10th Annual Showcase
All-Star Team Banquet
06/03/13 - 06/06/2013